If you have ever wondered what spurs on a photographer's passion, you are about to find out. Below are just some of the many reasons I love what I do and wouldn't change it for the world.
- Photography changes how you see things. You notice colors, textures, flowers, trees, people, shapes and light in a way most people never see them. Also, if you're like me, you do a few daring things to get the shot you want (i.e., the photo of Mark Wahlberg below - ask me about it next time you see me)!
- You pay more attention to the beauty around you. Even the most mundane object can become beautiful when you photograph it in a creative way. Heck, I photographed a couple in front of the entrance to a public bathroom! You couldn't see it in the photo, but the structure between the bathrooms made the shot amazing (along with the sweetness of the couple in the shot as well). Many photographers love their job because they develop a fascination with the world around them by viewing it through new eyes.
- It's an amazing creative outlet. You get the chance to put a little bit of who you are into each photo that you take. Anyone can click a camera's buttons but not everyone can truly make a photo come to life.
- It's a challenge. Creating amazing photos that capture the magic of everyday life doesn't come without hard work, dedication, and imagination. There is always something new to explore and a new way to take the same photos. It's a job that never gets boring.
- You get to meet new people all the time. A photographer works with people from all walks of life. Getting to know someone new is a part of the process of bringing someone's personality through in a photo. It also makes the job a lot more fun and I'll admit I've gained many great friends along the way through photography!
- The flexibility is great. Being a photographer means you get to work your own hours. This doesn't mean it's a laid back profession though. A photographer is always aiming to perfect their craft, taking on new challenges and helping their clients achieve the perfect pictures.
When you decide to pay for a professional photo session, know that you are hiring an individual who is passionate about what they do and is wiling to go the extra mile to help you create beautiful photos that you can treasure forever.